Today I went out on the hunt for Cotoneaster dammeri that I’ve been looking for for the past two weeks. Wal mart of all places had the largest stock plants I could find so I picked myself up one.
This cotoneaster was severely root bound so I used up the last of my soil I prepared for this season and repotted it. Initially I wanted to root prune it back hard but I can’t yet. It needs another couple of years before I can get it into a pot. The trunk is very well developed and I am looking forward to watching it produce berries in the fall. Hopefully it will although I am somewhat doubtful since I pruned it back quite hard. We will see. After some pruning and a repot it’s already on it’s way.